The city of Copenhagen is developing its reputations as the Nordic nirvana for financial technology companies. Six foreign companies are currently contemplating moving some of their business to Copenhagen, as a result of an international campaign, which has been viewed more than 4 million times online. The digital advert campaign has been developed by Copenhagen capacity, in order to promote the high profile American fintech-conference Money 20/20, which brings about 5000 financial technology interested visitors to the city. Which hopefully instigates a possibility for relations with foreign fintech companies.
Five good reasons for starting a Fintech-company in Copenhagen.
- Denmark is one of the world’s most digitized societies and constantly demands new digital solutions.
- A minimal speech barrier because the danish people are really good at english. It is therefore possible for companies to recruit locally.
- There exists a great respect for the environment, and new solutions won’t immediately be picked up by competitors.
- The entrepreneurial environment is currently enduring a massive growth, which creates opportunities for startups and established companies.
- Foreign companies view the strict danish financial regulations as a seal of approval of their product, a danish approval therefore serves as an indication for potential investors, that one’s business is kept in check.
Read more here.