Ernst & Young has released their extensive ‘fintech adoption index’ for 2017 and the results are increasingly positive for fintechers.
The key findings overwhelmingly points towards increased adoption of fintech solutions by consumers across the globe. This trend is estimated to continue in the years to come.
Some key findings include:
- 33% is the average FinTech adoption globally, compared with 16% in our 2015 study.
- 46% is the average FinTech adoption across emerging markets: Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa.
- 50% of consumers use FinTech money transfer and payments services, and 65% anticipate doing so in the future.
- 64% of FinTech users prefer using digital channels to manage all aspects of their life, compared with 38% non-users.
- 13% of consumers are regular users of five or more